Last month my family and I got invited to the most amazing resort, Kalahari here in Pennsylvania. Kalahari Resorts and Conventions isn’t your typical resort – its authentically African theme is designed to bring families together, and that isn’t just a marketing ploy. The spirit of Africa is reflected in every aspect of Kalahari – from the handpicked Rwandan coffee beans that are brewed on-property (if you love coffee you will enjoy this delicious cup), handcrafted artwork on the convention center walls, furniture placed in guest rooms, recorded music from the streets of Cape Town echoing in the resorts, and original crafts for guest souvenirs. It’s all part of Kalahari’s commitment to bring guests a beyond-expectations experience. Below you will find some great information.
Kalahari Resort – Pocono Mountains
- Guest rooms and suites: nearly 1,000 rooms including one-, two- and three and five bedroom suites that can accommodate up to 22 guests
- America’s Largest Indoor waterpark: 220,000 sq. ft.
- Outdoor pool, large sundeck for relaxing, indoor/outdoor whirlpools and swim-up bar
- Family Entertainment Center: 40,000 square feet with dry activities such as mini-bowling, cutting-edge arcade games, a 5-D theater and black light mini golf.
- The Arena – premier free-roam virtual reality experience on the East Coast
- Gorilla Grove Treetop Outdoor Aerial Adventure Park
- On-site dining experiences:
- Double Cut Charcoal Grill Liquor Bar: Kalahari’s signature steak house experience featuring: premium cuts of meat, craft cocktails, family style sides and more
- Sortino’s Italian Kitchen: A new-aged, red-sauced restaurant where old-school Italian cuisine meets the modern age. The menu will include: wood-fired pizza, Italian family dining, a large variety of wines and more.
- Marrakesh Market: Grab and go convenience e bazaar style shopping, unique gifts, authentic-African items and everyday needs
- Brandberg: A classic tavern with a modern twist, Brandberg is an oasis in the Kalahari – a refuge for adults, a welcoming environment for families, and a destination for anyone in search of a distinctive dining and drinking experience
- Amenities: full-service Spa Kalahari and Salon, 6,000 square-feet of unique retail shops, a fully equipped fitness center
- Convention Center: 100,000 sq. ft. with 65,000 square feet of flexible meeting space
The décor is modern, but not pretentious. The ambiance is sophisticated and multisensory, yet comfortable. The staff is educated, but not showy. The uniforms are unique, but classically tasteful. Welcome to Double Cut.