At your next BBQ this is a must try burger on your grill. The all American burger just got that much better. Stuffed Bleu Cheese Burger with Buffalo Sauce, oozing with spicy, creamy goodness. I mean who doesn’t love a good buffalo dish packed with flavor? Instead of enjoying chips on the side I went ahead and placed it as a topping. Grab a beer and you’re good to go. This recipe was actually featured on EVERYDAY Rachael Ray website for an #RRWHATCHACOOKIN and also is in my cookbook.
1 ½ lb ground beef (80/20)
salt & ground pepper, to taste
¼ cup chives, chopped
4 teaspoons blue cheese crumbles
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce
¼ cup ranch dressing
lightly salted potato chips, topping
4 whole wheat buns
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Place ground meat in a medium bowl. Season with salt, pepper and chives. Mix everything together. Shape meat into 4 (1/2 inch) patties.
2. Make a well in the patties. Add a teaspoon of blue cheese crumbles into the meat. Fold over the meat until the cheese isn’t visible. Place to the side.
3. In a skillet or grill pan over medium to high heat, drizzle olive oil into the pan. Add the patties, flipping only once. Cook 4 to 5 minutes for rare burgers and 8-10 minutes for well.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl add Frank’s Red Hot sauce and ranch dressing, and stir.
5. Next take a bun place patty on it. Top with sauce, arugula and chips. Serve.
Check out the other great dishes from this week’s Food Network Blog #SummerSoiree below:
Feed Me Phoebe: Greek Lamb Burgers with Mint Tzatziki
The Lemon Bowl: Filet Burgers with Tahini Garlic Mayo
Creative Culinary: The Canyon Creek Burger from Ted’s Montana Grill
Healthy Eats: Beef and Beyond: 6 Reasons to Cook More Burger
Weelicious: BBQ Chicken Burgers
The Wimpy Vegetarian: Crispy Mexican Black Bean Burgers
Homemade Delish: Stuffed Bleu Cheese Burger with Buffalo Sauce
The Mom 100: Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders
FN Dish: Now, That’s the Stuff: Stellar Stuffed Burgers