The Brewer’s Plate is back an event not to miss. Philadelphia’s premier local beer and food pairing festival is back for another year with a new venue and a (mash) ton of surprises in store. Fair Food is proud to announce details for The Brewer’s Plate 10th Anniversary Celebration at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, March 9th, 2014.
The Brewer’s Plate is the great-grand-pappy of the beer and food pairing movement in Philadelphia—one of the first to introduce the region’s blossoming throngs of foodies and beer geeks to the concept. And, like most things it continues to get better with age.
No other annual event maintains such an unwavering commitment to “buy fresh, buy local” while bringing together our region’s outstanding chefs, farmers, food artisans, brewers, distillers, and winemakers for the benefit of the most discerning critics, bloggers and guests.
Attendees enhance their knowledge of the local food scene by sampling, attending breakout sessions, and directly interacting with vendors and sponsors. The 10th Anniversary Celebration will be the best yet, jam packed with celebrity guests, exclusive beers, amazing pairings, and much more – located at one of the best venues in the city!
Fair Food is pleased to present a full line-up of exclusive treats and programming for VIP attendees:
- Starting at 5:30pm, VIP access includes an extra hour of the festival (General Admission starts at 6:30pm).
- New this year: Special VIP keepsake tasting glasses.
- Exclusive access to a select tier of the Kimmel Center with a bevy of restaurants and food artisans, providing tastes of amazing cheeses, charcuterie, chocolates—and of course, an impressive list of select craft beers.
- Victory Brewing Company teamed up with the crew from Sam Adams (have you checked out their PA brewing facility?!) and will be creating a beer to be served only in VIP at the Brewer’s Plate! After that you’ll have to travel to Victory’s brewpub in Downingtown or make a trip up to Boston just to get taste.
- Seven Garces Group Restaurants, along with the Garces Catering Group, will vie for bragging rights in the “Sausage Showdown: The Best of the Wurst” – a sausage and beer pairing competition. Each creation, including a vegetarian/vegan option, will be carefully paired with delicious brews from Victory Brewing Company and Sam Adams. Iron Chef Jose Garces and a team of celebrity judges – Philadelphia Eagle’s Brent Celek, Victory Brewing Company’s Bill Covaleski, Fair Food’s Ann Karlen, and NBC10’s Sheena Parveen with Marc Summers as emcee – will take on the duties of crowning Philly’s own Abe Froman.
- And, of course, the coveted swag bag, chock full of local goodies and tempting treats.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit: http://www.brewersplate.com/
I hope to see you there 😉